Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Carl, bring in the grocery!

I'm not gonna lie to you, well not yet anyway, but a lot of this blog will most likely be me talking about what I watched on television the previous night. While it's a fact that everytime I leave the house an uncomfortable situation arises, it is also fact that I don't really leave that much to begin with these days so the tales of my adventures like yesterday will most likely be scattered at best throughout this page. I understand that this realization might leave a lot of you very upset and unable to sleep at night, but trust me, you'll get used to it. Anyhoo, last night I watched the VP Debate hosted by one Harriet Winlsow who did a suckball job and should stick to cleaning up after Urkel. This is far from a political blog so I'm not gonna get into any details of what was actually "said" last night. I am however just gonna point out something I'm sure most of you know by now, and that is how Cheney told everbody that they can check the facts important to this race at factcheck.com, which reads "President Bush is endangering our safety, hurting our vital interests, and undermining American values" at the top of the page. What Cheney meant to say is to visit FactCheck.org, which for some reason doesn't check that fact that Cheney's fact on the fact revealing website was indeed not a fact. Fact, fact, fact, fact. After reading and writing the word "fact" so many times it doesn't even look like a real word to me anymore. Also surprisinlgy absent from FactCheck.org is how Cheney said that as the President of the Senate (whatever that is) he never met Sen. John Edwards til they walked on stage together for the very debate they were having that night. The sad news is that I actually thought that was a good line until I found this picture today on Yahoo. Ah, we live in such a great country and it is definitely not factual that I'm looking to move to Dublin as soon as I get the chance.

RANDOM THOUGHT(s): It's unfortunate that the phrase "welcome to the 90s" is no longer relevant in society today. I really didn't use that as much as I should have and I'll take that regret with me to the grave.

WORDS I'D LOVE TO ELIMINATE: hemi, diva, blog, Chris Berman.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home