Thursday, February 17, 2005

My Jinx Theory

I've been thinking a lot about the Super Bowl over the last week or so, though I've been trying my best to do just the opposite, wich is impossible. I'm not gonna write anything about the game because it kills me knowing that it was there for them to win which everyone else on the earth but the actual team seems to know. What I wanna talk about is how a couple of people are blaming Codor for the loss because he mentioned it in his list two posts ago. It's partially my fault for "publishing" it but the way I saw it was that I didn't write it, and that it was already included in the email that he sent me so I had to leave it in. If I cut it out then I would just be making it worse because it had been written already, and the jinxness of it had already been put into motion. What I've come to realize though is that Codor was nowhere near important enough to jinx things for the Eagles, and neither am I, and neither are any of you who still remember this blog exists. There are about 3 people in the world whose jinxes mean anything: the Pope (though his jinx power is getting weaker everyday), Richard Roeper, and Juan Samuel
(who was once cuaght saying, "I guarantee you that the Mets would never trade Lenny Dykstra to the Phillies for me"). If any of those three people walk up to you and say something like, "wow, Pete, you're gonna get that promotion you've deserved for years," or "hey, Sally, I guarantee you that your pregnancy won't result in retarded quintuplets," I hate to say it but you're not getting a promotion (and you might even get fired), and at least four of your quintuplets will be retards. Those are just the facts of life. So feel free to make any bold predictions, or guarantees because you're simply not important enough to jinx anything. If your favorite team loses the biggest game on earth, it's not your fault, it's just they way it's supposed to be, that's all. So don't fret, Codor.

Juan Samuel jinxes things like he used to hit triples:



SOMETHING I HAVEN'T LIED TO YOU ABOUT:

(from Homecoming part III, 10/14/04) After the game ended we decided to just drive to a movie theater and see whatever was playing by the time we got there. The winning movie that coincided with our plan was Friday Night Lights which I kinda wanted to see, and turned out to be much better than I expected, and I think I'll buy the DVD whenever it comes out.

So there's proof I've kept a promise to you at least once.

SOMETHING I'LL BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO FOR AWHILE:

On February, 22 these three things will be at my Best Buy.

-Josh Rouse's, Nashville

-Adam Green's, Gemstones

-Season Five of South Park on TVD

With the exception of at least one other person I know, Tuesday could not possibly be bigger for anyone else alive. I hope that day lives up to the same hype that Fantasy Wednesday did for me on December 18, 2002.

RANDOM THOUGHT(s):

-"No tear" shampoo doesn't really mean anything to me because if I get shampoo in my eyes I'm gonna cry anyway because I'm so disappointed in myself.

-What was Navy blue called before the first Navy?

-The word "flashback" looks better in italics. The word "italics" also looks better in italics.

ex. - flashback / flashback
ex. - italics / italics

-I can't believe I made it through the whole post without a Tedy Bruschi joke/insult. I must be getting softer in my old age, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home