Friday, April 15, 2005

Do It Rockapella!

So since the Phillies were off last night, I was able to focus all of my attention to the 4,000,000th Red Sox/Yankees game of the first week of the season. For the fourth straight year we here at my house purchased the MLB Extra Innings pass so we were able to watch the game on NESN (New England Sports Network) with Don Orsillo and RemDawg instead of that oaf Chris Berman on ESPN. Early on in the game, as I'm sure most of you know by now, Doug Flutie caught a foul ball down the first base line. He was there for the Red Sox of course and after the foul ball NESN's Eric Freed went down to Flutie's seats to interview him. In the interview Flutie said that (including this game) he has now caught a foul ball in the last FOUR MLB games his been too. This is quite possibly the most amazing stat/streak I have ver heard of in my life. Four straight games! Four! How unbelievable is that? In about a million games that I've gone to I've been lucky enough to catch one foul ball - a chopper down the third base line at The Vet in 1991 or 1992 off the bat of (at that time future scab player) Kim Batiste. That moment was very easily one of the best of my lifetime because not only did I catch a foul ball at a Phillies game but they also put me up on Phanavision for the second time in my life (the first being with the Phanatic by the dugout a few years earlier). Since then I've come close a few times to catching another one whether it was during batting practice or the real game, but I just can't imagine getting four . . . in a row. Who knows, maybe Flutie has caught more than four before this most impressive streak. He's some sort of magnet, and this is just one more reason to add to the argument that he is better than Rob Johnson.

Flutie can catch, but not hit:



Rob Johnson can't do anything:



In other news, I got the lastest issue of Rolling Stone last week (pictured somewhere below, probably), which was part two of two their Immortals series. I couldn't begin to tell you how sick I am of these gay list issues RS keeps publishing. Guess what Rolling Stone? I don't care what Jerry Lieber and Mike Stoller think of The Drifters, or what Sheryl Crow thinks of The Eagles. Sweet Jaysus this drives me crazy! This is about the 89th straight cover of this magazine to llok this way. NO MORE LISTS. Thank God Weezer is making their first appearance on the next cover. I wish I could only subscribe for the non-list issues, but I'd probably only get three magazines a year.



Finally, after downloading a million TV theme songs the other night (which I seem to do every 2 years) I wish there was a channel that showed the following series on a continuous loop:

- Pinky and the Brain

- Gargoyles

- Carmen San Diego (each version)

- Daria

- I'm With Busey

- Darkwing Duck

- Dr. Katz

- Charles In Charge

- and finally, the greatest show in TV history, Wishbone

I think you would all agree that this would be the greatest channel of all time. If I can think of any others I forgot I'll mention them some other time. Unless this channel somehow gets created, I know for a fact that I will never see any of these shows again in my life, and that isn't even close to being right. It's such a shame. Thank God Boy Meets World and Knight Rider are still on every now and then or I'd be this close to suicide.

ONE MORE THING: I'm going to my first Phillies game of the year tonight to see my boy Gavin Floyd take on the Braves. Since I go to many many games a year, I'll try to post whatever pictures I take so you can see how great Citizen's Bank Park (from here on out will be referred to as, The Bank) and how great the Phillies could be if they don't decide to suck. Baseball! Yay!

Not my picture of Gavin Floyd:



TAX DAY RELATED RANDOM THOUGHT: What are taxes?




***VOTE ALLEN IVERSON FOR NBA MVP***

***VOTE JOHN DUFFY FOR POPE*** -- I need work!

1 Comments:

At 2:54 PM , Blogger Badpatty said...

Throw in a little Duckman, and you could get yourself a job as a program director. Sweet lineup.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home