Thursday, August 04, 2005

Smush Watch (Summer Edition)

I've been sitting on this news for a couple of weeks (there's a shock), but now that it's official I can legally report the news to you that the Los Angeles Lakers have signed Smush Parker to a one year contract. Failure's Art's very own street reporter, Tom "The Scoop" Brennan (picutred below), first reported this monumental news to me two Saturdays ago after he ran into Smush down at The Cage at West 4th Steet in Manhattan. In the exclusive interview Smush said that he was just out in LA and was about to sign a contract with the Lakers. This is huge news in the world of ex-Fordham managers and it should be with the rest of the world especially now that the Lakers have yet another one-named superstar to go along with Kobe and Phil. Hopefully he can make it through mid-January and stay with the team for the full season and then build from there. Unfortunately, I have take some time off from hating Rapey Bryant as long as Smush stays with the team which is going to be one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life. On second thought, maybe I don't want Smush to make it with the Lakers.


Tom "The Scoop" Brennan always gets his story. Posted by Picasa

While I was searching for a funny Smush picture I came across this group photo that I took on the day that the team was supposed to get their pictures taken for their individual profiles at certain sites on the internets. Those who were able to do so decided that they would let their hair out for these pictures and I needed to get them all together in one picture mainly because it was and still is hilarious. This picture is even more hilarious for those select few who know what has become of each one of these players since this picture was taken just four years ago. For many reasons I can't write about them here, but if you ever track me down I'll tell you for a small fee. So please enjoy this picture in advance no matter how long you have to wait.


This may very well be my favorite picture of all time for reasons I'm not at liberty to say.  Posted by Picasa

In other news, I'm headed off to Sea Isle City, NJ, this coming Saturday for a week and in the time between now and then I will unload a monster picture post that I hope will make up for my lack of updates this summer after I foolishly promised three a week for some reason months (and just a couple posts) ago. My summer season was a failure and if it were up to me, I wouldn't make my fall schedule. In theory, that last sentence should make sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home