Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Apocalypse Nowish

I know that I've been especially bad with posting lately, so I just wanted to come on and mention a few things.

1.) Yes, I am still alive, however, none of us my be later on tonight depending on what you believe. Just so you know, if the apocalypse only directly affects me, I want all of you out there to grieve me for as long as humanly possible. I say this becuase you always here people say that when their mother or father dies that they would have wanted them to show up for work the next day. This is not the case for me. If I die tonight I want the rest of you to take off from work for as long as you want. If you really respect me then you will fulfill my dying wish. Some of you even have my permission to quit and build a statue in my honor. You will however then have to cover up the statue come nightfall every night becuase I am scared to death of statues at night. Please respect my statue wishes.

2.) I just came back from Best Buy where I went to pick up the second season of Rescue Me on TVD. Rescue Me by the way is quickly become one of my favorite shows and it looks like it will soon be joining Arrested Development, Lost, and Big Love at the top of my list even though I just bought season one last week and am still only eleven episodes into the series (also, I don't get FX). It's quite an accomplishment. Anyway, I normally know what I want when I go to Best Buy, but I also like to look over the new releases and then snake through the aisles in the same order every time. I'm weird, get over it. Normally I can dismiss the employees when the come up and ask if I'm looking for anything, by just syaing that I'm looking around or whatever. This didn't really work today because the guy who came up to me apparently was bullet-proof. Here's the conversation that followed:

Best Buy Guy: You looking for anything specific today?
Me: No, just looking around.
BBG: Because a bunch of new releases came out today.
Me (while standing in front of the new releases section): Oh really?
BBG: Yeah, like Firewall, Glory Road, Underworld: Evolution.
Me: Ok.
BBG (enthused): Have you seen Underworld?
Me: Nope.
BBG (extremely enthused, slightly confused): Oh wow, I can't believe you haven't seen it. It's so awesome - it's got vampires and werewolves and stuff. There's so much action.
Me: Yeah, I haven't seen it.
BBG: Did you see the first one?
Me: No, I never did.
BBG (so enthused that he's close to wetting himself): Oh man, well you gotta see it. You should get them both. They're so awesome. But seriously, you need to see the first one before the second one. You can get them both if you want.
Me: We'll see.

I know I'm pale (ok, really pale) but can one really assume that someone else is that interested in vampires? You can go around all day and judge people and make assumptions - which I'm totally cool with - but it's almost impossible to go out that far on a limb and assume that a guy in his 20s who isn't dressed like one of the Goth kids from South Park is that interested in vampires. Just so you know, I do in fact like vampires (but only if Joss Whedon or Bram Stoker are involved and even that has more to do with the writing and not any siginificant love for the undead) and I also like werewolves (considering that from the ages of 10-15 I was one every Halloween), but I have no interest in the Underworlds, and now I'm kinda scared to go back to Best Buy, especially if that guy is working there.

3.) I would be very upset if the world did in fact end tonight because then not only will I not be able to get to my 100th post (this is #98) but I won't be able to get to go to what I'm deeming Concert Week next week. If the world makes it past tonight then next week I will get to go see Sonic Youth on Wednesday night, Sam Roberts on Thursday night, and  Tilly and the Wall next Friday night which is also my birthday (Silver Anniversary). So, Jesus, if you're still reading, please hold off on the apocalypse for a little while longer and I'll build a statue in your honor, but it will only be visible during the day.

OH YEAH: I'm acutally going to try to write a lot now that Brother is back up in New York and my new roommate is 86 years old. So, look forward to more posts soon, and especially look forward to #100 which will be a special surprise for all of you out there in radio land. A blast from the past if you will. More specifically, a retired/dead blast from the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home