Friday, October 15, 2004

Growing Pains: Hawaiian Style

So I was watching Lost the other night when I saw a commercial for Growing Pains: Return of the Seavers which airs this Saturday night at 8:00 on ABC. My first reaction was, "wow, I thought Kirk Cameron and whoever played his mom hated each other in real life," then I thought, "oh wait, that might have been Michael J. Fox and Meredith Baxter-Birney," then I thought some more, "hey, maybe they both hate their TV moms," and I left it at that and watched the rest of the commercial. Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of stuff wrong with the plot, or at least what I gathered from the plot by just watching the 30 second preview. Apparently, Mike (Cameron) and Carol (Tracy Gold, more on her later) don't want their parents to sell the house and they come up with wacky ways to show the potential buyers how much the house sucks. This is where I got mad. Didn't Stephanie and Michelle try this stunt on an episode of Full House like 15 years ago when some stuffy British guy wanted to buy their house? This happened right? The Growing Pains movie didn't just seriously steal their plot from an episode of Full House did they? That's so weak. I couldn't tell you how mad this news made me, and then I thought some more. Wasn't the last episode of Growing Pains about how the Seavers sold their house because the mom got a job in Washington DC? Didn't that happen? I felt like I was taking Mugatu's crazy pills, and it took me a good five minutes to calm down. You can read about this awful, phony, rip off movie by clicking this link", and I hope this makes you as mad as it made me.

To make things even worse, Alan Thicke's real-life son, the musician Thicke (gayly pictured below) is not in this movie at all.



However, if Alan Thicke's character is dressed the way he is in the picture I'm about to show you, then the movie could be worth a look.



Finally, way to battle and defeat anorexia, start a nice family, and move on with your life, Tracy Gold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home