Friday, March 02, 2007

So Easy Even a Caveman Can Write It

In case you haven't heard, or don't like clicking on links, ABC is developing a comedy pilot based on the Caveman Geico commercials. As of now, I believe this is actually a real news story seeing as how there's no such thing as March Fool's Day (a mythical holiday that appears directly in between Groundhog's Day and April Fool's). Don't get me wrong, I love the Caveman commercials (in fact, one of these commercials provided my number one highlight so far of 2007 at a Super Bowl party), and consider them to be some of the best on TV, but to make an actual sitcom out of this? It seems like the words "Wacky Eighties'" should be used to describe this sitcom idea.

As for how good it will be, I see it falling somewhere between other Caveman-out-of-water classics "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer" and Encino Man, which I guess is a good thing. If you ask me though, I would much rather see a sitcom based around either the (in my opinion, better and funnier) Geico Gecko in a Single Guy type show for the new millennium (which should also co-star Joey Slotnick), or a Coneheads/Big Love type series revolving around the Whopper Family from the Burger King commercials, with Mr. Banana Grabber as their wacky next door neighbor.



Even though we'll probably never see those two shows I listed above, with the Geico Cavemen getting their own show, maybe there's hope that sometime in the future I will see my two dream shows. Until then, I guess I'll just have to not watch the Caveman show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home