Friday, October 29, 2004

Forget (the electoral) college and go to the pros

Now that baseball is over and I'm finally breathing normally again hopefully I can get back to the regular post frequency of old. Maybe at sometime in the future I'll dedicate a post to the Red Sox run, but it will probably take me a few more months for all of this to sink in completely. Even when that happens I still won't be able to convince myself all this is true.

I know that many sports fans and even non-sports fans (gooo non-sports!) may already know this but I'm posting this anyway cause others may not know what I'm about to tell you. There is an American Football game of monumental importance this Sunday (31st), and no, I'm not talking about the Eagles/Ravens game or even the soon-to-be instant classic Cardinals/Bills game. I'm talking about the Packers/Redskins game, and here is the reason why, in bold (courtesy of somewhere on espn.com):

Every time the franchise that is now the Washington Redskins has won its last game before a presidential election in which the incumbent is running for re-election, that incumbent won the election. Conversely, every time the Redskins lost, the incumbent lost. In every case, it has been irrelevant whether that game was at home or on the road.

So I'm not going to tell you who to root for, but I am going to tell you what will happen, and this is only if "incumbent" means what I think it means. The Packers and the Redskins will play a very competitive game with many lead changes that will be tied at the end of regulation. In overtime, the Packers will put together a drive that brings them to the Redskins five yard line. After two unsuccesful run attempts by Ahman Green, the Packers will decide to pass on third down. This proves to be successful as Bret Favre find Javon Walker in the back right corner of the endzone for a game winning TD. Or so we think. The Redskins challenge the catch saying that Walker didn't get both feet in while having possession of the ball. Even though the replay clearly shows that Walker did have possession and the TD should stand, the refs overturn the call for some reason (possibly because the game is in Florida, ah I mean Washington). So the Packers try to kick a field goal on 4th down, but the kick is blocked and returned 95 yards for a TD by . . . let's say James Thrash, thus winning the game for the Redskins. Make of all of this what you will but I guarantee that something like this will happen and three months later I'll be in a desert somewhere with some sort of automatic weapon.

RANDOM THOUGHT: The term "Season's Greetings" should really apply to more than one season.

8 Comments:

At 12:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there El Duffo, I was just traveling through looking for some interesting stuff on religious art and I came upon your Blog. I haven’t seen what I was after regarding Forget (the electoral) college and go to the pros, but I’m going to carry on searching for more information on religious art related stuff. By the way your Blogs great.

 
At 12:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there El Duffo, I was just traveling through looking for some interesting stuff on abstract art and I came upon your Blog. I haven’t seen what I was after regarding Forget (the electoral) college and go to the pros, but I’m going to carry on searching for more information on abstract art related stuff. By the way your Blogs great.

 
At 6:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hello there El Duffo, I was just searching for some ideas on impressionist art when I happened on to your Blog. Although Forget (the electoral) college and go to the pros isn’t quite what I was looking for, it was for more information on impressionist art. You’ve still got a great Blog here.

 
At 3:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sports fans teams and business people depend on great sports fans. El Duffo your Forget (the electoral) college and go to the pros certainly was a great read and I simply had to post to you. I do have a similar passion as can be read at http://serendipitysuccess.blogspot.com/2005/11/update-to-steelers-climb-to-top-of-afc.html although its theme is slanted to one or more of my passions, sports fans is the important thing. Keep up your great thoughts and writings. Other passions inlcude sports fans

 
At 11:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The leathered oval object is flying in steelers with great success and while searching for other football El Duffo successes I read your Forget (the electoral) college and go to the pros. Failure is not an option for most steelers and my passion as read at steelers has a similar theme. You have a great read here and thanks for promoting the great game in life.

 
At 1:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sports fans teams and business people depend on great sports fans. El Duffo your Forget (the electoral) college and go to the pros certainly was a great read and I simply had to post to you. I do have a similar passion as can be read at http://serendipitysuccess.blogspot.com/2005/11/update-to-steelers-climb-to-top-of-afc.html although its theme is slanted to one or more of my passions, sports fans is the important thing. Keep up your great thoughts and writings. Other passions inlcude sports fans

 
At 2:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The leathered oval object is flying in with great success and while searching for other football El Duffo successes I read your Forget (the electoral) college and go to the pros. Failure is not an option for most and my passion as read at has a similar theme. You have a great read here and thanks for promoting the great game in life.

 
At 2:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The leathered oval object is flying in professional football with great success and while searching for other football El Duffo successes I read your Forget (the electoral) college and go to the pros. Failure is not an option for most professional football and my passion as read at professional football has a similar theme. You have a great read here and thanks for promoting the great game in life.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home