Monday, October 25, 2004

"What is noodle casserole, Alex?"

Every now and then I leave ABC on for a little while after the 6:30 news is over to watch a little bit of Jeopardy. For a while that nerd Ken Jennings was on every episode making Alex Trebeck hate his job more than Will Ferrell's version did on SNL. It wasn't so much how smart Jennings was/is, it was that everytime I punched the TV screen I was the one who ended up in the horrible pain instead of that nerdy Mormon. Well it was a different story last time I watched because it was Kid's Jeopardy. I, like many others I assume, love to watch this version of Jeopardy becuase I feel especially awesome when I get it right and the kids don't. Here's an example of what I would normally say:

Me: No stupid! It's "who is the Gin Blossoms" not "who is Soul Asylum!" Stupid!

So things were going along in the same fashion this most recent time, especially with the little girl who couldn't even tell you her name even if you offered her candy or a pony or both. I was feeling really good and then all of a sudden the chubby little nerd said, "I'll take noodles for $100, Alex." My reaction was, "yeah, I bet you would," and then I got ready to answer the questions, or answers actually. Funny thing about noodles, and this took me 2 questions to figure out, I know nothing about them. How can this be? Why don't I know anything about noodles? I guess the most I know is about chicken noodle soup, but unfortunately for me there was nothing about that out of the five noodle answers. On the other hand, these kids knew everything about noodles. Even the retardd little girl! Did the parents prep their children contestants with noodle questions before they went on the show? Or is it just that kids know more about noodles today than they did when I was growing up? Am I to blame for this lack of noodle knowledge? Maybe my teachers wanted to teach about noodles in grade school but never had time to get around to it, just how like every year we'd never get to the Canadian provinces section in our text books for Social Studies. That always upset me but at least I knew I wasn't gonna learn them in school. I wasn't ever thinking about noodles. Never ever. Well, I had to turn of Jeopardy after that category was done with cause I felt just flat out stupid. Ah, how the tables have turned. If I don't know about noodles how can I make it in the real world? I'll tell you how. I can't. Not unless I go and learn all I can right now. Wow, I gotta go.

RANDOM THOUGHT: I bet Jesus was a good dancer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home