Tuesday, November 09, 2004

So what's up for you next?

So since I'm sitting up waiting for Rilo Kiley to perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live with nothing else to do, I'm gonna post really quickly to hold you people over til the Baby Files, vol. II late tomorrow afternoon. Speaking of Kimmel, can someone please tell me why this show is still on the air? What is appealing about this show? Do you mean to tell me that this is better than The Magic Hour? I don't think you can tell me that. At least Magic got some guests every now and then. The number one guest on Kimmel is some actor from Wales named, Rhys Ifans. I guess Vincent Chase wasn't available.

The most serious picture of Rhys Ifans I could find:



Anyway I want voice my opinions on my speaking voice in this post. I was out with my friend Mike at a bar on Saturday night and while we were there I was talking to him about how I have an awful bar/loud place voice. For those of you out there in radio land who have heard me speak, this comes as no shock to you. By no means do I hate my voice. In fact I think it's kinda cool at times. I just don't have much volume which means I have to put on a fake broadcasting voice whenever I have to talk to someone in a loud place, which I hate doing. Most of the time I just try to scream as loud as I can but I wind up sounding like Webster, so I just stand there silent 'til I'm drunk enough to sing at the top of my lungs.

I also have a problem with my voice on the telephone, which is one of the many reasons why I hate the telephone in general. I couldn't begin to tell you how many daytime phonecalls from strangers have gone this following way for me:

Stranger: Hello is Mr. or Mrs. Duffy there.
Me: No, I'm sorry, they're at work.
Stranger: Oh, I'm sorry ma'am. I'll call back later.
Me (furiously under my breath): Ok.
Stranger: Thanks.
Me (now screaming as I hang up): I'M A MAN!!!

If I had a dollar for everytime that happened then I wouldn't feel as guilty as I do for not having a job.

RANDOM STORE WINDOW PICTURES FROM MY ARCHIVE:

This first one is from my trip with Fordham basketball to Milwaukee in December 2001.


The one reason I'd go back to Milwaukee. Posted by Hello

This one is from my trip to Chicago in July 2003.


For lack of a better caption -- How much is that doggy in the window? Posted by Hello

And finally from my January 2003 trip to Newport, RI with Fordham basketball.


There are too many things wrong with this sign. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home